Cotwall End Primary School
Here are Cotwall End, PE and extra-curricular sport is one of our key strengths. All children benefit from two quality PE lessons every week and we have excellent participation in our wide range of after-school sports clubs. A specialist sports coach is employed to complement our teachers and we have forged strong links with local clubs and facilities.
We encourage all of our children to lead healthy lifestyles by educating them about the importance of exercise and a balanced diet.
As a mark of our wonderful sporting efforts, Cotwall End has been awarded the prestigious Gold School Games Mark! This award recognises the school's excellent PE provision, fantastic extra-curricular opportunities and successful participation in sports competitions. We will continue working hard to maintain our status and ensure that all our pupils have the skills, opportunities and inspiration to lead healthy, active lifestyles.
Sporting Success 2022-23
* On Thursday 6th October 2022, the Cotwall End Girls' Football Team played The Straits Primary Girls. We played very well and it led to a tremendous victory, winning 11-1! Our top goal scorer was Keira, scoring 7 of the 11 goals! Our other goal scorers were Elsa, Lily, Ava and Frankie (captain), scoring one goal each. Our top defenders (Jemima, Freyalea and Georgia) and goal keepers (Lily and Fran) were amazing, only letting in one goal! The team would like to thank Mr Caddick and Mr Whitehouse. Well done team! (Written by Frankie)
* On Thursday 13th October 2022, the Boys' Football team played a match against The Straits Primary. We played well in an even game and were the better team for much of the match, but unfortunately lost 1 - 0 with a very scrappy goal. On the team were Arley, Joe, Josh, Tate, Tamarly, Kingsley, Tom and Ethan. (Written by Arley)
* At the Tag Rugby Tournament on Tuesday 18th October 2022 at Stourbridge Rugby Club, 12 schools set out to play six games of tag rugby. Our B Team consisted of Kingsley, Archie, Fray, Evie, Elsa, Keira, Ethan and Abdoulie. The A Team had Joseph, Tamarly, Josh, Tate, Lily, Frankie, Seb and Samuel. Our B Team worked hard but unfortunately came bottom of the stage, but our A Team were in the top group stage and have qualified for the next competition! Top try scorers included Tamarly, Joe and Josh. We can't wait for the next tournament! (Written by Joe)
The tag rugby team will now go on to compete in the Dudley finals at the end of November. Well done team - we are very proud of you!
* On Thursday 3rd November 2022, Cotwall End played a league football match against Christ Church Primary School and won by a fantastic 7 - 1! The top scorer was Arley with 4 goals, Josh scored 2 and Ethan with the opening goal. Christ Church did score one back but were not strong enough to defeat us. Well done Cotwall End!
* On Tuesday 29th November 2022, a team of Y6 children took part in the finals of the Dudley Schools Rugby Tournament held at Windsor Academy. The children had a fantastic time and represented Cotwall End with pride. We finished winning the third place play off against Brockmoor, winning 4 tries to 2. Mr Whitehouse's Player of the Tournament goes to Sam for his amazing speed in matches - no one could touch him, even the top teams!
* On Friday 10th February 2023, twelve Cotwall End Year 6 children attended Summer Hill Secondary School for a Cross Country tournament. The girls raced first, running approximately 1.5 miles in slightly muddy conditions. The girls put in a strong performance, with Elsa finishing 15th, Frankie in 31st, Fran in 44th, Evie in 60th, Ava in 61st and Freyalea in 68th. The boys raced next, with an equally strong performance. Seb raced brilliantly to finish in 2nd place! Joe finished 19th, closely followed by Lewis in 20th. Ethan came 22nd, Tate was 43rd and joe finished 45th. The fantastic support that the boys and girls gave each other led Cotwall End to a 2nd place finish overall!
(Written by Ava)
* On Wednesday 8th March 2023, the girls' football team took part in the final tournament against the whole of Dudley. We played first in the group stage and won three out of four matches, and drew the fourth. We then progressed to the finals against four more teams, where we placed third. Lots of great goals were scored, including Lily's final one which meant we came third overall. Big shout-out to Fran, who was amazing in goal. It was very cold, but we had a great day and a big thanks to Mr Whitehouse and Mrs Williams for coming along and supporting us.
(Written by Frankie and Jemima)
* On Wednesday 29th March, the boys' football team played a double-header at Wren's Nest. In the first match, we beat the home team 3 - 1, with Ethan scoring a brace. In our second match, we solidly beat Queen Vic 5 - 0, with Tate scoring 4 goals. Other key Cotwall End players include Tamarly for his excellent passing, Josh for firing shot after shot, and a special shout-out to Seb who was fantastic in goal. We have now won the league for the second year in a row and are through to the Campbell Cup. Come on Cotwall End!!!
(Written by Joseph)