Here are Cotwall End, PE and extra-curricular sport is one of our key strengths. All children benefit from two quality PE lessons every week and we have excellent participation in our wide range of after-school sports clubs. A specialist sports coach is employed to complement our teachers and we have forged strong links with local clubs and facilities.
We encourage all of our children to lead healthy lifestyles by educating them about the importance of exercise and a balanced diet.
As a mark of our wonderful sporting efforts, Cotwall End has been awarded the prestigious Gold School Games Mark! This award recognises the school's excellent PE provision, fantastic extra-curricular opportunities and successful participation in sports competitions. We will continue working hard to maintain our status and ensure that all our pupils have the skills, opportunities and inspiration to lead healthy, active lifestyles.
Sporting Success 2022-23
* On Thursday 6th October 2022, the Cotwall End Girls' Football Team played The Straits Primary Girls. We played very well and it led to a tremendous victory, winning 11-1! Our top goal scorer was Keira, scoring 7 of the 11 goals! Our other goal scorers were Elsa, Lily, Ava and Frankie (captain), scoring one goal each. Our top defenders (Jemima, Freyalea and Georgia) and goal keepers (Lily and Fran) were amazing, only letting in one goal! The team would like to thank Mr Caddick and Mr Whitehouse. Well done team! (Written by Frankie)
* On Thursday 13th October 2022, the Boys' Football team played a match against The Straits Primary. We played well in an even game and were the better team for much of the match, but unfortunately lost 1 - 0 with a very scrappy goal. On the team were Arley, Joe, Josh, Tate, Tamarly, Kingsley, Tom and Ethan. (Written by Arley)
* At the Tag Rugby Tournament on Tuesday 18th October 2022 at Stourbridge Rugby Club, 12 schools set out to play six games of tag rugby. Our B Team consisted of Kingsley, Archie, Fray, Evie, Elsa, Keira, Ethan and Abdoulie. The A Team had Joseph, Tamarly, Josh, Tate, Lily, Frankie, Seb and Samuel. Our B Team worked hard but unfortunately came bottom of the stage, but our A Team were in the top group stage and have qualified for the next competition! Top try scorers included Tamarly, Joe and Josh. We can't wait for the next tournament! (Written by Joe)
The tag rugby team will now go on to compete in the Dudley finals at the end of November. Well done team - we are very proud of you!
* On Thursday 3rd November 2022, Cotwall End played a league football match against Christ Church Primary School and won by a fantastic 7 - 1! The top scorer was Arley with 4 goals, Josh scored 2 and Ethan with the opening goal. Christ Church did score one back but were not strong enough to defeat us. Well done Cotwall End!
* On Tuesday 29th November 2022, a team of Y6 children took part in the finals of the Dudley Schools Rugby Tournament held at Windsor Academy. The children had a fantastic time and represented Cotwall End with pride. We finished winning the third place play off against Brockmoor, winning 4 tries to 2. Mr Whitehouse's Player of the Tournament goes to Sam for his amazing speed in matches - no one could touch him, even the top teams!